This morning I had a lovely message from Debbie Diljak of North Carolina, telling me that she nominated me for the Infinity Dreams Award – an interesting concept for the relative newbie that I am. Thank you, Debbie, for nudging me toward getting the word out about my blog, because, as we all know, writers LOVE to have more readers! Here’s to both of us picking up another thousand or so followers. Shoot for the moon!
Because this is a spread-the-word kind of effort, there have to be some rules…and here they are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back.
- Post the award badge and rules.
- Tell 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and set questions for them.
First of all, THANKS to Debbie, find her blog at https://writerdiljak.wordpress.com
Now – You read the rules – so here goes:
Eleven (no, not 10, not a dozen, ELEVEN) facts about me:
- I am avid photographer, preferring a photojournalism approach to capturing my subjects instead of the studio look. What can I say, I like edgy.
- I draw strength from people around me and have little patience for negativity.
- I used to like politics, now I abhor them.
- I’m a California girl, grew up in the SF Bay Area and always wanted to live near the ocean. Still working on that.
- I love cruising, traveling (fave places: New York City, San Diego and San Francisco) and am looking forward to visiting New Orleans next year and cruising to Tahiti, Bora Bora, Roatan and Hawaii in 2017.
- I am married to an amazing visual artist who is patient, funny, affectionate and kind. I consider myself the luckiest girl in the world.
- I believe very strongly that we all have an obligation to make this world a better place – no effort is too big or too small.
- I love to cook and am a Food Network fan. I host a spaghetti party every January for about 100 people on a very eclectic guest list.
- I am a pittie mama, our American Staffordshire Terriers, Booker and Gracie (both rescues) are our favorite furry clowns and cuddlers.
- I just became a grandmother for the first time and it is every bit the miracle and joy I imagined.
- I cannot imagine going back to a cubicle farm or newsroom after experiencing freelancing. Except for chasing clients who pay late…..
Debbie had some interesting questions for me – here are my answers:
- If I didn’t have to work for a living, I would do more work with young writers and artists, walk on the beach, read more and expand my culinary skills
- Even my best friends would not know that I can’t ride a bike. (My imaginary tap dancing is amazing) My balance is comical and I saw someone get killed riding a bike in front of my house when I was a child, so there’s a little underlying trauma there.
- I am best at being a listener.
- Describe me? A take-no-prisoners writer. An exuberant life participant. A loving wife, mother, grandmother and friend.
- Why do I like blogging? I like the freedom of writing without silly guidelines and sharing it with the world.
- Best advice ever given: Don’t die wondering.
- If I could change anything about my life: I’d be a little more active. I’m trying to get into walking and exercising at age 61. This might have been easier if I started sooner. Other than that, it’s been pretty darn perfect.
- How many books do you read each year? Yikes, not enough.
- Do you prefer fiction or non-fiction? I like a mix of both.
- If the new ninth planet turns out to exist, what would you name it? Phineas. Just because.
And we’re supposed to pick 11 bloggers to recommend for the Infinity Dreams honor, but I could only think of five that I really, really like … right now:
leahdipaola.com – This is a girl I watched grow up, she worked for me as a reporter and I told her lifestyle writing was more in her wheelhouse – and she does it beautifully. She recently made a big move across the country and is in the blissful state of finding herself
broadwaymusicalblog.com – I am a performer as well as a keyboard artist, and I love to read the backstage notes, written to actor/tech theater geeks like me.
doIhavetowearpink.blogspot.com – Katie is a former news colleague who is a wonderful writer, mentors young women writers and recently kicked breast cancer’s ass.
dramaqueenyc.com – Great reviews that feed my fantasy life of having tickets and living close enough to see all the amazing shows on- and off-Broadway!
melissadell.com – Friend, mother, cook, motivator, savior, crafter, lifestylist. One of the most giving humans I’ve ever met, and helping my daughter (the new mom) realize she’s going to be OK.
And my crazy questions for them:
- Superman or Batman? And why?
- What is your secret indulgence or guilty pleasure?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What is your biggest joy?
- From where do you draw your strength?
- If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
- Think local: what is your most favorite and least favorite thing about the town in which you life?
- Sweet or savory?
- What is your proudest achievement?
- What is your biggest embarrassment?
There you go. Thanks again, Debbie for the nomination and I look forward to hearing from my five nominees! Enjoy!
One thought on “Infinity Dreams – aren’t they all?”
MamaRock: Boy, was that quick. Loved your answers. I am a cat person, but if I had dogs, they would be pits. I have known many, and love them all. Thanks for following my blog, and I look forward to reading more of your posts.